About Us
Times & Days of Importance
Locations
Washington Bancorp
Bank News
------------
Home
Security Policy
Privacy Policy
Bank News
 
                                              FEDERATION BANK HAS COMPLETED RESTORATION 
                                                               TO NEAR ORIGINAL DESIGN 
 
 
 
Federation bank has completed their renovation of the first and second floors of its main office in Washington.  The hidden mezzanine on the second floor has been opened and a new board room is now above the existing teller line.  Customers are able to view upwards, when entering the building, and see a second floor work space.   Updating the style of the interior of the bank, while maintaining the integrity of a historical building that is said to be Washington’s first and only skyscraper, was the result of this extensive remodel that began back on March 22, 2013.  
 
Originally, the five-story building was built in 1912 as the Farmers and Merchants Bank Building.  The ground floor and second-story housed the bank, while the upper floors and basement were designed as commercial offices.  F&M Bank was in business until 1924.  Attorney Marsh Bailey purchased the building at that time.  Bailey was a founding director of Rubio Savings Bank of Brighton and served on the board at The Washington National Bank when they moved into the first floor of the building in 1924 and stayed until 1928.  In 1929 the bank reorganized and became known as the National Bank of Washington. 
 
During the 1930’s the upper floors were converted to hotel rooms and named The Washington Hotel.  In 1946, the Bailey family sold the building to Howard and Willa Freshwaters.  The National Bank of Washington then purchased the building in 1963 and closed off the second-story mezzanine level.  They continued business there until constructing a new building two blocks south.  At that time the building was sold to the Zehr’s who purchased the upper floors and converted the hotel rooms into apartments.  Federation Bank aka/Washington Federal moved from its location on North Marion Ave. after it purchased the first floor and remodeled the building, adding the one-story building to the immediate north, the former Rainbow Inn. 
 
One thing has not changed during this process and that is the level of great service.  We care about our customers and are committed to giving the best service we can.  We hope our customers will enjoy the fresh new environment but still feel completely at home. 
 
 
 
To the right are some of the historical pictures associated with this interesting building!   
 
 
 
 
 
 


FDIC
DISCLAIMER: This business is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information, or graphics when viewing links attached to this website.

Optimized for MobileThis site is optimized for display on Handheld Devices. | Home | Flash Website | © 2014. All Rights Reserved.